Workshop on ASP .Net MVC with Angular 4
Fast track for professionals: 3 days workshop .
Slow track – 24 hrs including both theory & labs.
The ASP.NET MVC Framework provides a page framework to develop MVC based web applications for the .NET platform. Differing from traditional Web Forms development, it allows separation of application tasks or concerns, Test-driven development (TDD), integrates well with ASP.NET features and uses ‘Front Controller’ approach for request processing. This course equips existing ASP.NET developers with the skills required for developing MVC based applications using ASP.NET MVC framework. It extensively covers both theory & practical information required to work with ASP.Net MVC applications.
Who can attend this course?
- Graduates and Post-Graduates having knowledge of ASP.NET basics.
Software’s and Tools used:
- Windows OS
- Web Browser IE, chrome etc
- Node.js, NPM, AngularCLI
- Visual Studio 2015 with update 3 & typescript setup for Visual Studio
- SQL Server 2008 R2 only on the server and not individual systems
- An online classroom(as in no separate theory followed by lab –theory & labs will be merged) with system having Win O.S (64 bit) with Visual Studio 2015 with update 3.
- H/W Requirements – Systems with the Dual Core and higher Processor, RAM- Minimum 8 GB, H/D- Minimum 100 GB.
Takeaways: What you will be able to do after the successful completion of this course?
• Define MVC design pattern.
• Define MVC design pattern.
• Develop MVC based web applications using MVC design pattern.
• Implement model using in various ways including Entity Framework- Code First approach and Database first approach and DataAnnotations
• Implement MVC controllers, repository pattern and Action Filters,
• Work with HTML helpers to create Razor views, create partial views, create non- views and strongly typed views, use view models to create forms, create data-driven MVC applications to perform CRUD operations against the database.
• Perform validations using Data Annotations, customising the layout of the MVC application
• Implement forms authentication in ASP.NET MVC application, implement OAuth authentication
• Use jQuery APIs to get and post data, read data JSON data, Implement REST Services (Web API) Consume WEB APIs in ASP.NET MVC using jQuery.
• Able to set up the development environment for working with Angular4 applications. Create Typescript programs, create angular application components, modules, services and
• Integrate Angular4 in ASP.NET MVC application to invoke REST APIs.
- Enhances learnability and enriches employability
- Designed to meet industry requirement
- Set of lab exercises to get good hands-on exposure on implementing MVC
- Covers topics such as jQuery integration, ASP.NET WEB APIs, Angular4 Integration
Course Syllabus :
Introduction to ASP.NET MVC
|Introduction to MVC design pattern, ASP.NET MVC, Controller, Models and Views, features of ASP.NET MVC and MVC page processing.|
Working with ASP.NET MVC Models
|Implement Models using in-memory collections, Introduction to ADO.NET Entity Framework(EF) , EF approaches, Implementing controller using EF to perform CRUD operations on the database. Using DataAnnotations to design model classes.|
Implementing ASP.NET MVC Controllers
|Creating ASP.NET MVC Controller, understanding routing feature, Action methods and ActionResults. Working with ViewBag and and ViewData. Implementing repository pattern. Introduction to ASP.NET MVC Filters, Working with Filters, Implementing custom filter|
Implementing ASP.NET MVC Views
|Working with MVC Razor views. Introduction to HTML helpers for designing views. Creating non strongly typed views, strongly typed views and partial views. Introduction to ViewModels, creating views using with ViewModels in ASP.NET MVC. Design partial views in ASP.NET MVC. Areas in ASP.NET MVC , implementing Areas in ASP.NET MVC . Work with ViewBag and VewData to pass data betwwn controller and views.|
Implementing authentication in ASP.NET MVC Applications
|MVC Identity, Implementing Security in ASP.NET MVC application ASP.NET MVC 5 web application using credentials from an external authentication provider, such as Google|
Using jQuery in ASP.NET MVC Applications
|Overview of jQuery; Writing jQuery code to invoke MVC Controller Actions; posting the data to MVC Actions; How to use jQuery to display the data obtained in the JSON format.|
Working with REST Service Web APIs in .NET
|Introduction to WEB APIs, Creating REST service – ASP.NET Web API . Using jQuery code to consume REST service.|
|Introduction to Unit Testing. Unit testing controllers in MVC.|
Introduction to TypeScript and Angular4 features
|Setup Development environment – how to set up development environment for working with TypeScript & Angular;|
TypeScript – Introduction to Typescript , Typescript basic types, Implementing its programming features such as Arrays, Functions, Control structure and Iterators, Classes and Interfaces, modules. Introduction to Angular 4 and its features. Creating a simple HelloWorld Angular application.
Using Angular4 in ASP.NET MVC applications
|Using AngularCLI to create Angular application components such as ng new, ng serve, generating Components, Directives, Pipes and Services using AngularCLI.|
Understanding the structure of the Angular Applications – Modules, Built-in Modules, Angular root Components, Angular root Module, Bootstrapping Angular,
Creating and Using custom Components – Component using TemplateUrl & StyleUrl, Component using Template & Style Creating a Type, Creating a Component that uses Type, Nested Components and Modules, Services and Structural directives.
Integrating Angular4 in ASP.NET MVC applications – Creating and consuming Services, working Angular http service to invoke Web APIs.